Senior Session Style Guide For Guys
One of my favorite parts of photography for seniors and teen is the planning, styling and outfits. To no ones surprise, it is NOT a guys favorite part. This is where I come in, below are some simple but useful tips. Straight to the point & boy/teen friendly.
don’t, don’t, don’t
- NO logo wording on clothing. No “GAP,” “Old Navy,” or “POLO” splashed in huge letters across a shirt.
- NO oversized clothes (unless that’s your style)
- NO to wrinkles.
- No to holes , unless it the trendy jeans with deliberate wholes you pay for. 🙂
Don’t mind if you DO
- YES to classy and fun. Below are some great staples for any photo session.
- YES to timeless and classic. What you wear doesn’t have to be boring,
- Please iron your clothes, Please, pretty please with a cherry on top.
- The classic jeans and t-shirt look is great on men. Just make sure it’s a nice quality T-shirt and new(ish) jeans so the blue is classy and crisp. oh and PLEASE iron. See point 1.
- Here’s a few more classic favorites for guys.
- Fedoras or any other cool hat
- Layers, guys of all ages look great in layers, here’s one of my favorite looks.
and here’s a few more to get you thinking.
- YES to trendy items. – But keep them small, like accents and if possible, keep them timeless, too — like a great watch, military-inspired pieces & classic patterns.
- YES to clothing that fits. If he’s fit then go for slim fitting pieces. Otherwise go for a size that he’s comfortable in.
- YES to texture – Think suede, leather, tweeds, and wool.
- YES to props that highlight his interests. Like baseball, football, fishing, music, skateboarding, soccer…